The power of positivity is pretty amazing. It can change how others treat you and affect how we treat them. It can even help us live longer, healthier lives.
A study conducted by Yale researchers found that adults facing retirement who viewed the transition as a “gateway to a new adventure” added 2 and a half years to their life compared to those who held negative views about this life stage.
To test this in your own life, adopt a “can-do” attitude toward positivity with these simple approaches.
6 Tips to Positive Aging
- Think Happy Thoughts. A person who thinks positively anticipates happiness, health and success and believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty. Also, people are more disposed to help us and want to be around us when we are positive thinkers.
- Exercise Your Brain. No longer are you taking “required” courses or even courses to advance your career. Retirement is the time to take any class you want — to learn something new! Continual learning keeps your mind pliable, shaves years off your mental age and is a lot of fun too.
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle. Keep moving and eat wisely. These are two common characteristics researchers found in the world’s healthiest people whose average age rates are over 100 years old.
- Socialize! Getting out of the house and socializing regularly is shown to reduce risks for cardiovascular problems, arthritis and mental health issues such as depression.
- Be Thankful. At the end of every day, be thankful for the day, be thankful for what you have done and be grateful for your well-being. Adopt an attitude of gratitude.
- Minimize Stress. Find ways to reduce stress and worry from you life. Take a brisk walk or do stretches to relax your body. Practice meditation or breathing exercises to calm and refocus your mind. Put yourself on your priority list.
Surround yourself with a community of people who are ready to have fun, enjoy life and spread positivity. See what living at Twin Towers Senior Living Community in Cincinnati is all about.
Call today at 513-853-2000 or contact Twin Towers online right here to schedule your tour. See the homes, tour the community and meet the residents. We can’t wait to meet you!