By Jim Mayer, Executive Director of Twin Lakes Senior Living Community.
I recently read a quote, "keeping a hopeful attitude is key to living a fulfilled life with direction and actually thriving instead of just floating along in life.” This quote really stuck with me because I see this in action every day at Twin Lakes.
Positive aging comes with the attitude of the cup being half full rather than half empty. Having something to look forward keeps us optimistic and helps us rise above life’s problems. Whether you’re excited about an upcoming day trip, theatrical presentation, a new class or family gathering, being hopeful and optimistic brings happiness.
A positive mindset or optimistic attitude is made up of a collection of elements:
- Believe in the expectation of a positive outcome even if a negative experience has happened previously in a similar situation.
- Visualize the desired outcome very vividly and realistically.
- Motivate yourself to do everything possible to achieve the desired outcome instead of just waiting for something positive to happen.
- Plan and be prepared for opportunities to do whatever is necessary to achieve the positive action.
- Take Action to make what you want happen. People who have continued success are very active in their hopefulness.
We know realistically that there are times when life's challenges will get you down but keep smiling. If we meet each day with optimism we are able to believe that good things will happen.
So please remain optimistic and full of hope in all situations of life and help others do the same.
Nestled in the heart of charming Montgomery, Ohio, Twin Lakes is a continuing care retirement community serving those age 62+. If you would like a tour of Twin Lakes contact us at 513-247-1300 or click here to reach us online.