Restaurant-inspired dining is the latest trend for senior living communities. When it comes to food, you have specific expectations you’re bringing with you into retirement and senior living.
Dining should be an experience that supports your independence, healthy lifestyle and desire for social engagement.
6 Questions to Ask When Touring a Senior Living Community
- Do you offer multiple entrees? Ask to see a sample menu. Find out how often menu items change and how food options are selected. It’s important to vary the food you eat for optimal nutritional value and to avoid turning to unhealthy options.
- Are residents involved in selecting food? At some communities residents are highly engaged in what’s on the menu. They provide suggestions and feedback on what they like and what they didn’t like.
- Do you cater to specialized diets, such as gluten-free? Find out if meals and dining options exist for specialized diets. Whether you need or prefer sugar-free, low-sodium or gluten-free, can you request and easily get these options.
- What’s the experience of each dining venue? Are residents seated, provided with menus and able to place their orders with a server? Many are now set up like 5-star fine dining establishments with linen tablecloths and napkins. Is there also a more casual bistro, cafe or coffee shop?
- Do you have flexible dining options? Check out the various dining plans to see what flexibility you have. Plans can vary from a specific number of meals per month to an a-la-carte system with flex dollars. Also, some may have specific dining hours while others may be open throughout the day and even deliver to your home or apartment.
- Can I schedule a meal as part of my tour? The best way to know if you are going to like the food is to taste and see! As you talk with a community representative, ask about having a meal in one of the dining venues.
What Dining is Like at Twin Lakes Senior Living Community
At Twin Lakes, we have two styles of dining. Our restaurant-style dining features a changing menu that includes several entrees and chef specialties while our Copperlight Café has a more casual feel with made-to-order sandwiches, pizzas and lighter fare to accommodate the busy lifestyles of our residents.
At Twin Lakes senior living community, we offer a wealth of services exclusively for our residents. Whether you want restaurant-style dining venues, housekeeping or access to our fitness center, our top priority is making your life easier and more enjoyable. Find out more about Twin Lakes by contacting us today! Call 513-247-1300.